USA Wheelchair Rugby is pleased to announce the 12 athletes who will compete in the 2022 Americas Championship, March 6-13, in Medellin, Colombia. The United States will compete against Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile and Colombia at the event.
- Sarah Adam (3.0), Naperville, IL
- Chuck Aoki (Co-Captain) (3.0), Minneapolis, MN
- Liz Dunn (0.0), Warren, PA
- Lee Fredette (1.0), East Moriches, NY
- Montrerius Hucherson (3.5), Tallassee, AL
- Joe Jackson (1.0), Maricopa, AZ
- Chuck Melton (Co-Captain) (2.0), Richview, IL
- Eric Newby (2.0), Nashville, IL
- Josh O’Neill (1.5), Denver, CO
- Kory Puderbaugh (3.0), Boise, ID
- Mason Symons (2.5), Pittsburgh, PA
- Josh Wheeler (2.5), Tucson, AZ
The Americas Championship in Colombia is the first of several international competitions for USAWR this year. The team will also compete in a Four Nations event, which also includes Great Britain, Canada, and Japan, at Lakeshore Foundation July 17-24. The squad will wrap up this year’s competition in October when they travel to Denmark for the World Championships.
“We are looking forward to getting our competitive season started at the Americas Championships,” said Joe Delagrave, USAWR Interim Head Coach. “We hope to gain some experience and gel together ahead of the World Championships this October,” Delagrave added.