USA Wheelchair Rugby is pleased to announce the 12 athletes who will compete in the 2022 Wheelchair Rugby World Championship, October 10-16 in Vejle, Denmark. The United States will compete against Great Britain, France, New Zealand, Germany and Switzerland in Group A of the pool play. Australia, Japan, Canada, Denmark, Brazil and Colombia will compete in Group B.
- Sarah Adam (3.0), Naperville, IL
- Chuck Aoki (Co-Captain) (3.0), Minneapolis, MN
- Jake Daily (2.5) – Freeburg, IL
- Liz Dunn (0.5), Warren, PA
- Lee Fredette (1.0), East Moriches, NY
- Joe Jackson (1.0), Maricopa, AZ
- Chuck Melton (Co-Captain) (2.0), Richview, IL
- Eric Newby (2.0), Nashville, IL
- Josh O’Neill (1.5), Denver, CO
- Kory Puderbaugh (3.0), Boise, ID
- Adam Scaturro (1.5) – Lakewood, CO
- Josh Wheeler (2.5), Tucson, AZ
The World Championship in Denmark will cap off a year of impressive competition for USAWR, having previously won both the Americas Championship in Medellin, Colombia and the Tri Nations Invitational in Birmingham, USA.
This team will also mark the first time that not only one, but two women will compete on Team USA for a world championship.
“It is the first time in USAWR history that two women have been named to a World Championship roster. Congratulations to Sarah Adam and Liz Dunn for their hard work and dedication,” said Joe Delagrave, USAWR Interim Head Coach. “We believe we have selected 12 athletes that give us the best chance to win at World Championships this October in Denmark. We will look to build off our success this season, continue to improve, and be ready to take on the world,” Delagrave added.